ImperialOel is a customer-centric organisation. We provide solutions to customer needs. Our team maintains an open dialogue with customers to guide them through every stage of the development process. This comprehensive service package includes:
- Product customisation: We advise customers on ingredients and pack design that match their product criteria.
- Transparent sourcing: We collaborate with suppliers and partners to improve our ingredients’ footprint and ensure they are sustainably sourced, non-GM, organic, and adhere to animal welfare standards.
- Logistics: We recognise that priorities, such as time-critical or cost factors, can vary from customer to customer and adapt accordingly.
- Regulations and compliance: We have experts who support customers through the legislative process, for example on health claims, and import/export requirements and restrictions.
- Application support: Omega-3s can be challenging to work with. We can provide detailed guidance on how to avoid oxidation when using our fish oils.
- Latest research: We keep customers up-to-date with the latest research on omega-3 health benefits
Logistics: Working together to meet tight delivery schedules
One of our lipids was included in a large production trial for a new lubricant. Due to documentation issues, the German customs authority would not release our raw material and it was returned to our Asian manufacturing partner. Limited air freight capacity caused a further delay of replacement goods. Finally, upon goods arrival at Hamburg airport, our logistics manager presented the full documentation to the customs officer, in person, to make sure product passed swiftly through customs.
Transparent sourcing: Improving animal welfare and documentation standards for our lanolins
Lanolin is made from the grease of sheep’s wool. To address customer concerns about animal welfare and raw material traceability, we carried out a major supply chain investigation: we evaluated animal welfare practices in all relevant wool farming countries, compared them with international standards, and tracked raw material movements and downstream processing. By collaborating with our manufacturing partner, we are now able to document best-practice in animal welfare through an exhaustive traceability procedure.
Product customisation: Developing greener ingredient solutions
Regulations and compliance: Making an impact on food regulations
Omega-3 fortification of organic food is strictly limited to certain food categories, which do not include complementary food for toddlers. As some of our customers were interested in fortifying their toddler products with omega-3 fatty acids, we compiled data on toddlers’ DHA intake and the associated health benefits. Together with the Global Omega-3 Association (GOED), we published a Position Paper and, based on the report contents, asked the EU to update the relevant regulations to allow DHA in toddler food.
Application support: Solutions to maintain omega-3 integrity in food manufacturing
Omega-3 fatty acids are highly prone to oxidation and therefore challenging to work with in the food industry. We provide extensive application support for food manufacturers to help them minimise omega-3 oxidation during production. We offer advice on optimising the manufacturing process and provide guidance on formulation, auxiliary ingredients, and packaging. We support customers’ trials in the lab and on an industrial scale – from the initial plan to the final stability test.